Job Title: HR Generalist
Location: Marina Del Rey
Reports to: VP of HR
Job Type: Full Time Employee
American Botanical Pharmacy is the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of Dr. Schulze’s original clinical herbal formulae. Dr. Schulze’s herbal formulas and programs have been used for decades to help tens of thousands increase their energy and vitality, and create powerful health naturally. American Botanical Pharmacy was founded in 1994 and is based in Marina del Rey, California.
ABP is in the midst of its next growth stage, scaling its operations, and investing in the foundation of its future. Sitting at roughly 70-75 employees today, ABP has intent for aggressive, yet disciplined growth of 25-30% in personnel.
The Human Resource Generalist performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the VP of HR. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, human potential & performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Handle different aspects of Human Resources Department communications with employees, managers and external stakeholders (e.g. internal memos and employment verification).
- Assist with implementing and maintaining programs involving leave administration, workplace safety, compliance training, learning and development, and all other human resources programs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all payroll functions, federal and state wage and hour law, timekeeping and information system. Process payroll and ensure timely receipt of paychecks.
- Maintain payroll records for all employees, including setting up new hires, posting changes to current employees, processing termination paperwork in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that employee benefits enrollment, changes and terminations are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct recruitment effort for personnel, students and temporary employees; conduct new- employee orientations; monitor career-pathing program; and write and place advertisements.
- Handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Coordinate human resources events, meetings and human resources department calendar.
- Maintain HR information system records.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor to a HR coordinator.
- Little to no travel is expected for this position.
- 3-5 years of human resources and organizational development experience
- Proven experience administering high functioning HR departments
- Experience processing corporate payroll. Paychex experience is preferred.
- Experience administering corporate cultures that foster positive company image
- Demonstrated ability to build professional trust with the employees while supporting company vision and principles
- Experience administering HR systems for environments ranging from large, mature organizations to agile, small-midsize companies.
- Experience administering corporate cultures that strive for a positive customer experience
- Bachelor's degree. MS degree and/or SHRM Certification preferred
- Good judgement — can assess and prioritize where best to spend time and energy
- Deep listener — and individual who can get to the “core” of what is being said and what is being left unsaid
- Proactive; knows when (and when not) to elevate issues/concerns to senior leadership
- Compassionate and empathetic; able to make people feel seen and heard
- Ability to desire to connect with the ABP mission; A willing supporter for natural healing through quality products and programs
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must display strong attention to details and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Please submit resume with cover letter directly to Recruit@herbdoc.com
A few handy tips.
An accurate resume is key.
The resume stored in your profile is viewable by recruiters and hiring managers for each position to which you apply. Be sure it realistically represents your skills, knowledge, and experience.
What to expect.
You'll receive an automated confirmation each time your resume is successfully submitted for an open position. If a recruiter or hiring manager wants to discuss next steps, they'll get in touch using the contact information from your profile or resume.
You don't necessarily have to be an expert. The best way to understand our company and our customers is to use our products. And if you have passion for what we do and why we do it, even better. But if you have attention to detail, a collaborative spirit, and a readiness to learn, don't worry, we'll help you make the switch once you arrive.